We offer our onion starts as live plants. They are one of the earliest vegetables that you can plant out in the garden. Mid-April for most parts of town. Give them plenty of sun. Keep them moist early on and they will reward you with a good harvest. Bunching onions can be harvested as needed. Bulbing types are ready when the tops fall over.
- Bunching: Non-bulbing salad onions/green onions
- Candy (yellow) 95 days, widely adaptable – day neutral type
- Red Zeppelin (Red) 115 days, hybrid red onion, stores up to 6 months – long day type
- Sweet Spanish (white) 115 days, mild white onion – long day type
- Sweet Spanish (yellow) 115 days, sweet mild yellow onion – long day type
- Leeks: American Flag: 105 days, Mild onion flavor. Heirloom type